End of Summer Air Conditioner Maintenance
As summer comes to an end, kids go back to school and work kicks into high gear again. Schedules are more hectic and routines are being adjusted. Cooler temperatures are around the corner and your air conditioner will surely welcome the break. But do you know how to care for your unit after it has taken care of you all summer long?
- Look, Listen, Smell: Any moisture on your unit or dripping around the tubing is a sign that there is a problem. If you observe any unusual noises or smells coming from your unit, make sure you have those checked.
- Dirt and Debris: Check for any dirt and debris that has gathered on and around your system during the summer. These, along with grass, shrubs and bushes can hinder proper air circulation.
- Coils: Dirty coils can cause issues for your system and also prevent it from working efficiently.
- Electrical Connections: Make sure there aren’t any loose or damaged wires
- Air Filters: Replace your air filters. Your air conditioner shares the same ductwork with you furnace and changing the filters will keep both systems clean and running smoothly.
Learn More and Contact Us
Air conditioners have many parts, all of which have the potential to become worn and dirty over time. Regular maintenance can help your system last longer and perform better. 1-800-anytyme would be happy to assist you with a tune-up. Contact us via our contact form or call (760) 477-0072 to speak with a member of our team today!