Cooler temperatures are on their way. Check your water heater and HVAC system to make sure that everything is still working properly after the hot summer. This will also prepare you for winter.
- Water Heater: We tend to use more hot water in the fall and winter. If you haven’t performed any maintenance on your water heater in the last year, now is a good time to do that. No one wants to be without hot water in the middle of winter!
- Flush out your tanked water heater.
- Descale your tankless water heater, especially since we have very hard water here in San Diego County.
- Check the anode rod on your tanked system.
- Furnace: Your furnace has been resting through the entire summer. Do a fall maintenance check so you will be ready when winter arrives.
- Change air filters. Since your heater and air conditioner share the same air-handler, you will want to change these out before you run your furnace.
- Clean around the unit and make sure that you dust both the fan and blower.
- Make sure that the vents around your house are open and nothing is blocking them.
- Run the system to make sure that everything is working properly.
- Air Conditioner: After using your air conditioner all summer, it’s a good idea to have a tune-up done in the event that any hidden issues have developed. This will also give you peace-of-mind that you are ready for next summer.
- Clean the coils to ensure that your unit will run efficiently next year.
- Clean off the dirt and debris that have collected on and around the unit.
- Listen for any unusual noises coming from your air conditioner, ducts and vents.
- Clean your air ducts every 3 to 5 years.
If you want peace of mind that your plumbing and HVAC are ready for Fall, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us here at 1-800-anytyme. We would love to help you out! Call (760) 477-0072 to speak with a member of our team today!