Preparing For Spring
Spring is here! It’s not too late to ensure that your water heater and HVAC system are ready for spring (and summer).
- Water Heater: This is a good time to do have your annual maintenance done on either a tanked or tankless water heater.
- Flush out your tanked water heater.
- Descale your water heater, especially since we have very hard water here in San Diego County.
- Check the anode rod on your tanked system.
- Furnace: After using your furnace all winter, it’s a good idea to have a tune-up done in the event that any hidden issues have developed. This will also give you peace-of-mind that you are ready for the next cold season.
- Change air filters. Since your heater and air conditioner share the same air-handler, you will want to change these out before you run your air conditioner.
- Clean around the unit and make sure that you dust both the fan and blower.
- Clean your air ducts every 3 to 5 years.
- Air Conditioner: Your air conditioner has most likely been sitting idle throughout the winter. Do a Spring maintenance check so you will be ready when Summer arrives.
- Clean off the dirt and debris that have collected on and around the system.
- Make sure that the supply vents and return grills are open and debris-free.
- Run the system to make sure that everything is working properly.
Learn More and Contact Us
If you want peace of mind that your plumbing and HVAC are ready for Spring, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us here at 1-800-anytyme. We would love to help you out! Call (760) 477-0072 to speak with a member of our team today!