The last thing that you want is for your air conditioner to blow warm air during a heat wave or in the middle of summer. Find out what can cause this to happen.
Thermostat Is Set to “Heat”
- This is more common than you may think, especially the first time you use your unit this season
- Also check to make sure that your thermostat isn’t set to turn just the fan on instead of the air conditioner
Air Filter Is Dirty
- Remember to change your air filter every 2-3 months and even more often if you have pets or allergies
- If you don’t change your air filter, you won’t have proper air flow
- Check to see if your unit has lost power due to a tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse
- If the problem continues, contact a professional
- Check your outside (condenser) unit and make sure that nothing is interfering with your system
- Always keep dirt, leaves, and other debris away from your unit
- Make sure that the condenser coils are clean
- If you are low on refrigerant it means that you have a leak
- Refrigerant runs in a closed loop, so always have a professional fix the leak before adding more
If you are having issues with your air conditioner, contact 1-800-anytyme via our contact form or call (760) 477-0072 to speak with a member of our team today. We would love to help you out!