Some homes are built on concrete foundations. These foundations are called slabs and they are important to the structural integrity of the entire house. Often, water and sewer lines run beneath the slab. These pipes can develop pinhole leaks or even crack, causing a slab leak.
Signs You Have A Slab Leak
- Rising Water Bill: A sudden increase in your water bill despite average use is a good indication that something is wrong. You may notice that your water meter is constantly spinning even when your fixtures and appliances are off.
- Cracks in Your Flooring: A leak under the foundation can actually result in the building lifting slightly. This happens because water accumulates with nowhere to go. As a result, the slab can develop cracks.
- Sound of Running Water: If you hear the sound of running water even though all of your fixtures and appliances are off, it is likely that you have a slab leak.
- Warm Spots on the Floor: An unusually warm spot on the floor is unmistakable. A leak in the hot water line is usually the culprit.
- Puddles: Puddles that seemingly come from nowhere, whether inside or along the outside of your house, are also a warning sign.
- Mold: Mold under carpeting, a rug, or on drywall indicates moisture. This is another sign that there is a problem.
To find the source of a slab leak, a professional plumber will perform a leak detection. The three most common solutions are repairing the damaged section, rerouting the pipe, or repiping the entire house. Which option is best for you will depend on the extent of the damage and the age and condition of the pipes.
Call Us Today
If you suspect a slab leak, don’t wait! Our team here at 1-800-anytyme is equipped to handle slab leak issues large and small. Contact us via our contact form or call (760) 477-0072 to speak with a member of our team today!