How to Create a Comfortable, Multi-Tasking Home Environment
We are living in difficult, stressful, and unprecedented times. The majority of people are working from home, schooling from home, and spending free time at home. Now more than ever it is important that your home environment is healthy and comfortable.
A Multi-Tasking Environment
In addition to being your home, it is now an office, classroom, restaurant, movie theater, arcade, gym and spa.
- Work: You put in a lot of effort to make your space at work comfortable, so it only makes sense that you do the same in your “work space” at home.
- School: Kids are easily distracted. Classrooms are temperature controlled and decorated for learning. The “classroom at home” is full of distractions.
- Restaurant: Tiny humans are demanding food every 10 minutes. Food odors are mixing and there aren’t enough dishes.
- Movie Theater / Arcade / Gym: The family room now has weights that double as speed bumps, video game controllers seem to be multiplying, and popcorn is sprinkled everywhere.
- Home: This is your sanctuary, the place you go to to unwind, relax, and escape from the world. Your home is now your world. You have every reason to make it as comfortable as possible.
Make sure to set your thermostat to the ideal temperature. If it’s too warm, everyone will fall asleep. If it’s too cold, no one can concentrate. To avoid thermostat wars, install one that is programmable. For a guide on ideal temperature settings, read our blog post.
With summer approaching, now is the time to consider air conditioning if you don’t already have it installed. It will help with work productivity and keep the kids comfortable during the hot months. Our technicians are protected to keep you and your household safe. They are minimizing contact where possible.
Indoor Air Quality
With everyone spending almost all of their time inside the home, make sure the air quality is at its best. Change your air filters if they haven’t been changed in more than three months. Clean surfaces so dust isn’t everywhere (it’s also allergy season now). Avoid lingering food odors and outside pollution with a whole house air and surface sanitizer. A portable room air purifier will only filter the air around the unit, but the Air Scrubber Plus eliminates pathogens in your entire house. For more detailed information, read our blog post.
If you are concerned about your indoor air quality or would like more information about thermostats and air conditioning, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. 1-800-anytyme would be happy to assist you. Contact us via our contact form or call (760) 477-0072 to speak with a member of our team today!