Summer is a time to relax and let your brain recharge, but don’t let your guard down regarding your plumbing. Here are some common problems homeowners face during the summer.
Clogged Garbage Disposal
- Summer = barbecues
- Don’t dispose of all of that grease or food waste in your garbage disposal
- Leftover bits of corn on the cob and fruit rinds from your picnic or barbecue should be disposed of properly and not in your garbage disposal
- Summer = dirty clothes
- More laundry puts more stress on your washing machine
- Check hoses for leaks, cracks, bulges, and kinks
- Make sure that your machine is away from the wall to prevent overheating
- Summer = beach
- Make sure you leave the beach at the beach before going home to jump in your shower. Sand and other debris can clog your shower drain.
- Summer = thirsty trees
- Tree roots reach out to search for water, especially during our dry San Diego summer months. These roots can crack pipes and also block them.
- Summer = kids & guests
- With kids home from school and guests visiting, toilets are used more than usual, which can lead to clogs and backups
- If a plunger doesn’t solve the problem, call a professional
If you have any of the problems above, contact 1-800-anytyme via our contact form or call (760) 477-0072 to speak with a member of our team today. We would love to help you out!