Common Summer Plumbing Problems
Summer is a time to relax and let your brain recharge, but don’t let your guard down regarding your plumbing. Here are some common plumbing problems homeowners face during the summer.
Clogged Garbage Disposal
- Summer = barbecues
- Don’t dispose of all of that grease or food waste in your garbage disposal
- Leftover bits of corn on the cob and fruit rinds from your picnic or barbecue should be disposed of properly and not in your garbage disposal
- Summer = dirty clothes
- More laundry puts more stress on your washing machine
- Check hoses for leaks, cracks, bulges, and kinks
- Make sure that your machine is away from the wall to prevent overheating
- Summer = beach
- Make sure you leave the beach at the beach before going home to jump in your shower. Sand and other debris can clog your shower drain.
- Summer = thirsty trees
- Tree roots reach out to search for water, especially during our dry San Diego summer months. These roots can crack pipes and also block them.
- Summer = kids & guests
- With kids home from school and guests visiting, toilets are used more than usual, which can lead to clogs and backups
- If a plunger doesn’t solve the problem, call a professional