Just like arteriosclerosis (high blood pressure) is a silent killer, high water pressure and plumbing issues are silent problems. If undetected or left untreated, both can cause serious complications.
Do you know what to look for?
- Banging pipes: One of the most common signs is a banging sound in the pipes.
- Spitting from the faucet aerator when turning on a faucet: If your faucet aerator isn’t clogged, then high water pressure may be the culprit.
- Shortened life of your water heater: The life expectancy of a tanked water heater is 8-12 years.
- Leaking faucets: Another sign of high water pressure is a faucet that leaks only when another plumbing appliance is in use.
- Shortened life of a washing machine: The lifespan of a washing machine is 10-14 years.
- Running toilets: A leaky or running toilet is a less common sign, but still possible.
Don’t ignore any of these signs. They could indicate a major problem. High water pressure can destroy fixtures, especially those connecting your appliances to water sources, resulting in leaks and increased wear and tear of appliances and reducing their lifespan.
Do you suspect high water pressure?
If you suspect high water pressure or another plumbing issue, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us here at 1-800-anytyme. We would love to help you out. Call (760) 477-0072 to speak with a member of our team today!